Mech Stats

Discussion of the official Robotech RPG Tactics game by Palladium and Ninja Division

Mech Stats

Postby Mike1975 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:34 pm

I made my own stats using what information I could find. Check it out and let me know what I can/should change! I based this off of the Technical Briefings and some RPG stats.

https://drive.google.com/?tab=wo&authus ... klpejNwb2s
Mike1975

Re: Mech Stats

Postby Felindar » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:21 pm

It might be because I'm on my phone. But when I follow that link it wants me to sign onto Google.
Felindar

Postby Mike1975 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Sorry guys, I had a dinner date and forgot to make the file public. It should work now.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
Mike1975

Postby VF111Sundowner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:57 am

I think the 40CM on the Monster should do more damage then the 30mm cannon the shell.

Just for comparison cuz numbers can be confusing.

30mm is just over 1 inch in diameter, or about the size of a "Big Slam" pepsi bottle cap or a gallon jug cap. these are the rounds used by the A-10 to rip apartt tanks, granted highly powerful and deadly,

400mm or 40cm over ten times the size of the 30mm is just under 16 inches in Diameter, these are the equivalent to the Main guns on an Iowa Class battle ship, each shell weighs 2500lbs and can travel up to 25 miles.

Now granted I don't know what the special effects of the weapons are (Overwhelming and such), and such and 40cm uses the blast temp. which may offset the discrepancy plus the game is scaled back a bit. (if we were keeping true 1/285 scale the 40cm would have a range of 463 feet)
but in my opinion any model that takes a direct hit should be removed from play without a saving roll and anything caught under the blast template will take 12 MDC failing the save roll.

Jus my opinion.
VF111Sundowner

Postby Mike1975 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:10 am

UEDF Briefing give the 40Cm's 12 Damage, Overwhelming, and Blast plus an ability to power up and do double famage. It states that the arm missiles do 9MD. just going with what the briefing says.
Mike1975

Postby VF111Sundowner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:18 am

I believe you, I was just saying from a realistic stand point. the 40cm are the equivalent of throwing explosive Volkswagens at something.
VF111Sundowner

Postby Mike1975 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:31 am

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the real physics. I think they made this limit because in the game you can double the damage asd if instead of firing two cannon per round you are waiting to fire all four at the same time and anything that does not roll will likely be obliterrated at 24 MCD.
Mike1975

Postby Forar » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Also, let's recognize that we abandoned realism a long time ago with this series. It's nice for it to be internally consistent where possible, but even that can be a pipe dream once we add game mechanics onto that, and the necessities associated with that, such as units being vaguely balanced by point cost, even though in the series a Super VT generally represented a much greater force multiplier than being worth roughly 1.5 regular Veritechs (yes, some of that was also tied to the elite pilots within as well, it's just an example).

Too much realism or simulationism can drag things down and really just show off the glaring unreality of the setting it's trying to emulate, which itself plays fast and loose with reality anyway.

Basically, I'm hoping the make an emphasis on it being fun first and foremost, internally consistent secondly, and being aligned with reality a distant third. Too much reality makes reconfigurable fighters fall out of the sky in a most undignified fashion.
Forar

Postby VF111Sundowner » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Mike1975 wrote:Oh yeah, I'm aware of the real physics. I think they made this limit because in the game you can double the damage asd if instead of firing two cannon per round you are waiting to fire all four at the same time and anything that does not roll will likely be obliterrated at 24 MCD.

Exactly my point. when I stated the special effects off set the equal value to the 30mm.

And real physics I agree slows down the game and brings out all the text book thumpers. I am not against bending the laws of physics for overall pliability.
My original post was just pointing out what I felt was numerical inaccuracy based within the laws of twisted realism.

If all miniature games didn't use modified physics( that's what we will call it). then everyone would have to play in gymnasiums or abandoned warehouses.

Ran into that problem working on my 1/600 scale air combat rules, even at 1/600 scale Aim-9 Sidewinders had a range of like 10 feet.
VF111Sundowner

Return to Robotech RPG Tactics